We’re taking steps to help our community have access to appropriate, affordable and well-designed housing.
A strong housing market is an important source of wealth creation in our local economy but more importantly having high quality, secure homes that meet our community needs is vital to people’s health and wellbeing.
The Draft Local Housing Strategy outlines the current and future housing needs and preferences of people who live, work, and visit Albury. It guides future planning decisions on the locations and types of housing to support our population growth.
Key strategies address the themes of supply, diversity, affordability and resilience:
- Support a focus on delivery of new housing in established areas
- Ensure all new housing development is properly supported by infrastructure
- Actively assist applicants to navigate the development assessment system
- Boost the proportion of overall housing stock that provides medium and high-density options
- Incentivise the private market to provide a wider variety of dwelling types
- Promote the importance of access to housing that meets universal design principles
- Present a clear policy on affordable housing
- Grow our supply of affordable rental dwellings
- Grow our supply of social housing
- Strengthen our social resilience
- Improve the environmental performance of new residential estates
- Encourage design and delivery of sustainable homes
The Strategy contains a range of actions for AlburyCity to achieve these objectives, including working with other stakeholders and levels of government.
Make a submission
We welcome your feedback on the Draft Local Housing Strategy.
Submissions will be received until 5:00pm Monday 13 February 2023 and can be submitted by filling in the form below or by email to email@example.com or addressed to AlburyCity Planning Team, PO Box 323, Albury NSW 2640.
Submissions are not confidential. Submissions, summaries of submissions, and/or names and addresses of people making submissions may be included in publicly available reports to Council and on the AlburyCity website.
Talk to a Planner
Want to learn more about the draft Local Housing Strategy and its proposed actions?
Register your interest below to talk to one of our City Planning team members. During this session you can speak over the phone or face-to-face with a planning specialist, and will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the Strategy.
We will be in contact to arrange a time shortly.