The public exhibition period relating to the Planning Proposal – Albury Conservation Zoned Lands Review has concluded.
All submissions received and issues raised will be documented for further consideration in the process finalising this review.
It is anticipated that review documentation will be reported to Council for decision in mid 2023, we will keep you informed of progress with regard to this process.
Conservation Zones (previously known as Environmental Zones) are applied to land with significant environmental value, as identified in the Albury Local Environmental Plan 2010.
We are undertaking a review of Conservation Zoned Land and are seeking your feedback on the proposed changes. This review is based on an ecological assessment and analysis of land to determine environmental value and inform zoning.
A summary of the key changes are highlighted below:
- Rezoning to add land to the Conservation Zone, where the land contains significant environmental values;
- Rezoning to remove land from the Conservation Zone and changing it to a suitable adjacent zone, where the land does not reflect significant environmental values;
- An overall net increase in Conservation Zone land area (approximately 400 hectares) across the LGA
For detailed information, see document library below.
View the Conservation Zone amendments
We have put together a Draft Conservation Zoned Land Map which shows the land that is proposed to be added or removed from the Conservation Zone.
Tips for using the map:
- Enter your address in the search bar in the top left of the screen, or use the + and - buttons to zoom in and out of the map.
- Click on a location on the map to view the proposed amendment and associated data (proposed zoning change, ecological score, minimum lot size and justification).
- View additional planning map layers using the legend in the bottom left of the screen.
We've also created a short video on how to use the Conservation Zone amendments map.
Attend an Information Session or talk to a Planner
Thank you to those who attended the Community Information Sessions in November and December 2022. A copy of the presentation is available here. We've also added additional FAQs on this page following these sessions.
Make a submission
Submissions closed 5pm on 1 February 2023.
Submissions are not confidential. Submissions, summaries of submissions, and/or names and addresses of people making submissions may be included in publicly available reports to Council and on the AlburyCity website.
What happens next?
All submissions will be considered in the final Conservation Zoned Land Review and reported to Council for consideration and adoption in mid-2023.
Following Council adoption, the Planning Proposal will be forwarding to the Minister for Planning for finalising.