We’re reviewing the Precinct Structure Plan for Thurgoona Wirlinga to ensure the area is well-prepared for future growth.
The Thurgoona Wirlinga area has been identified as a key growth area since the late 1970s. Its population has almost doubled in the last 10 years from 6,500 to 11,300 and is expected to increase to 50,000 people by 2060-2070.
The current Thurgoona Wirlinga Precinct Structure Plan was developed in 2013 and contains strategies on how the area will be developed over time. This plan has been used as a guide when considering subdivision and development proposals, as well as planning infrastructure needs.
With the significant growth and change, evolving community aspirations, and changes to planning policies over time, an updated Thurgoona Wirlinga Precinct Structure Plan will ensure new opportunities are leveraged as the area continues to grow.
The community's aspirations captured through consultation activities in recent years have been collated in a ‘What We’ve Heard (so far) Summary' that will inform the review together with further community consultation activities.
Project information sessions
A total of 180 people attended our community and industry project information sessions held at the end of June 2023. Recordings of the project presentations are now available to view.
Our project team are continuing to review the input and ideas received from community feedback so far as part of delveloping options for amending the Precinct Structure Plan.
- What is a Structure Plan?
- How is the Thurgoona Wirlinga Precinct Structure Plan used?
- Why do we need to revise the Thurgoona Wirlinga Precinct Structure Plan?
- What are the objectives of the Thurgoona Wirlinga Precinct Structure Plan review?
- What areas are included in the Thurgoona Wirlinga Precinct Structure Plan?
- How much housing will be in the Thurgoona Wirlinga Precinct?
- I’ve already provided feedback about Thurgoona, will this be considered?
- How will the Thurgoona Wirlinga Precinct Structure Plan be implemented?
Register your interest
Register your interest to receive project updates, including further consultation opportunities, on the Thurgoona Wirlinga Precinct Structure Plan.