Part 5 “Vegetation Protection” of the Albury Development Control Plan 2010 (Albury DCP) guides the management and preservation of trees and vegetation in the Albury LGA. Following targeted stakeholder and industry consultation, a comprehensive revision of Part 5 has been drafted and is now on public exhibition.
The updated DCP aligns with changes in legislation and seeks to improve environmental outcomes.
New provisions and key changes in Part 5
The key changes to the draft Part 5 of the Albury DCP are highlighted below along with links in the Document Library.
- Establishes new objectives and controls including a permit pathway under the State Environmental Planning Policy SEPP (Vegetation in Non-Rural Areas) 2017 (Vegetation SEPP 2017)
- Revises height/size controls for tree preservation (from 4.5 metres in height and 3 metres in spread, changed to 3 metres or more in height and with a trunk circumference of 300mm or more at 1.3 metres above ground level).
- Expands controls to preserve vegetation (including native vegetation and trees)
- Includes controls relating to native vegetation in specified areas or identified on the Extant Vegetation DCP Map and Biodiversity Certification Exclusion Areas DCP Map
- Retains and adapts controls relating to vegetation in proximity to the Murray River.
- Improves controls relating to Significant Trees (including Hollow Bearing Trees).
- Identifies new and revised exemptions, where a permit is not required to clear the vegetation.
- Identifies specific information required to be submitted when applying to clear vegetation.
- Contains the steps to determine when the Biodiversity Offset Scheme (BOS) applies.
- Provides the rate of ecological compensation (replacement planting) and when this applies.
In addition to LGA wide provisions, the draft DCP also includes controls relating to native vegetation in specified areas or identified on the Extant Vegetation DCP Map and Biodiversity Certification Exclusion DCP Map links in the Document Library. Or check if you're located on a DCP Map using the interactive map to search your address.
We welcome your feedback on the draft amendment to the Albury DCP 2010 - Part 5 Vegetation Protection. Submissions will be received until 5.00 pm Monday 29 November 2021 (extended to 5.00pm Friday 10 December 2021) and can be submitted via the form above or addressed to:
City Planning, PO Box 323 Albury NSW 2640 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission are not confidential. Submissions, summaries of submissions, and/or names and addresses of people making submissions may be included in publicly available reports to Council and Council's website.
What happens next?
All submissions will be considered in finalising Part 5 of the Albury DCP and reported to the Council for consideration and adoption in early 2022.