The Les O'Brien Athletics Precinct (LOAP) is a well-used regional athletics facility that has over 25,000 users per year, including 50-60 school and regional athletics carnivals per year in addition to club, card holder and casual use. Following a major reconstruction of the track itself in 2014/15, the facility now has an International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Class II certification which is the highest classification that can be obtained for a single facility.
Through the collaboration and consultation with the LOAP Advisory Committee, a DRAFT Master Plan for the facility has been developed and the following has been taken into consideration by Committee members and Council staff in drafting the plan:
- User group activity and spectator comfort
- Carnival operations
- Improved accessibility and facilities for all users, specifically, people with disabilities and the elderly
- Event attraction
- Increasing participation
- Improving the look and amenity of the facility
- Operational requirements and efficiencies
The DRAFT Master Plan includes the following:
- Additional shade structures along the western bank
- New accessible amenities building
- Bench seating and tables in various locations
- Connecting pathways
- Additional storage for both user groups and Council staff
- Perimeter fence around the synthetic track surface
- Sealed entrance road
- Garden beds and additional landscaping
The highest priority items listed in the DRAFT Master Plan are additional shade and new amenities.
Once endorsed, the Master Plan will enable Council to seek additional funding over the coming years for the priority items identified in the plan.
We welcome your feedback on the DRAFT Master Plan Les O'Brien Athletics Precinct. Feedback will be received until 5:00 pm Tuesday 13 December 2022 and can be submitted via the form above or addressed to:
Leisure Facilities Team, PO Box 323 Albury NSW 2640 or email@example.com
Submissions are not confidential. Submissions, summaries of submissions, and/or names and addresses of people making submissions may be included in publicly available reports to Council and Council's website.